Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

The Blog is Back!

Hi Everyone!


I haven't posted in MONTHS! But that's because every time I try, my computer eventually times out and nothing will go through. We now have roadrunner at the new Nodine's office in town, so I'll use my coffee breaks (the guys take one, don't they?) to update the blog. And this time, I'm not going to add just pics, but other things as well. My favorite whatevers! So to kick off the new & improved blog, I'm going to share one of my favorite new recipes. If you're pregnant and I'm bringing you a meal, this is likely what you'll get!



Chicken Divan (or as the blogger called it on their website "Chicken in a Pan With a Tan")




1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
1/4 to 1/2 cup milk (enough to make it creamy but not soupy)
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
1-1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 package frozen broccoli (florets or chopped, your choice)
Cooked white or brown rice, 2-3 cups


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch pan or similar casserole dish, something a bit smaller than a 9x13 made a creamier casserole. Mix mayonnaise, soup, milk, chicken, cheese, and pepper. Cook broccoli according to package directions. I plop it all in the pan and mix it up right in the baking dish. You can layer it, but that doesn't seem to work very well for me. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through and bubbly on top.

There are lots of options for this which makes it easy and fun! I added mushrooms one day and the next made it really basic (ok, so those are only the 2 times I've had it, but it's so yummy!)

Recipe taken from http://www.makeandtakes.com/ who got it from http://georgietees.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Jamie said...

ok. For some reason I read that as "I'm pregnant and this is what I'm making" even though the actual post says NOTHING like that. I spit my tea all over my computer and picked up the phone to dial you. Then I reread it and laughed at myself.

Brian & Carly said...

HHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Funny Jamie ;)

The van Brackel Family said...

I'm so excited your back in the blog world :-). This dish looks yummy....I love the idea of adding recipes to your blog.